Monday, January 12, 2009

FEFE DOBSON


A phenomenal chick that ROCKS OUT! Literally.

Fefe Dobson is what i call an "out of pocket" kinda girl! Lol..i know its weird but at least I put it into words..right? Anyway, discovered by producer songwriter Jay Levine, who together with James McCollum, co-wrote Fefe’s first album (released in 2003). Driven by Dobson’s ragged-edge, screw-you attitude, critics, fans and even the people behind the milk moustache advertisements embraced her and made Fefe one of their most recent poster girls. Raised in Scarborough, Ontario, FeFe battled the cons of being bi-racial growing up, with scars that lasted well past the end of the school bell. Then she was taken for a ride in the music industry. With a fistful of influences, both lyrically and musically, which include Guns N Roses, The Bee Gees, Bob Marley and Depeche Mode, Fefe’s music, makes you want to stop and listen to what this girl has to say. While writing and recording the songs composing her new album, sunday Love, Fefe Dobson learned the hard way how to make a great album: keep getting your heart broken.


"I fell in and out of love so many times making this record, and he was always there when it happened,” Dobson says. “I went through a really bad breakup with my boyfriend and no matter what happened, I had a session with Matthew the next day. So it was good that way, because right after I had a breakup or right after I was really emotional, I would be able to put it into music. Matthew and I would just sit there and talk about life, and he helped me through things, and then we’d just write songs, like two songs a day. I had my diary, and I was like, ‘Do you want to hear things from my diary?’ and he was like ‘Okay,’ and I started reading him poetry.”


She is the REAL DEAL!!! Give her a chance....I did...(hint: ipod)...hehe




Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think??